Academic mobility

Students of the University associated with IA EAEC can become participants in academic mobility programmes, Summer and Winter School programmes, implemented in accordance with the agreements concluded:

  • short-term academic mobility programme (1-2 semesters) at the Department of Business of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences (Germany);

  • short-term academic mobility programme “International Course in Social Work” at the Department of Social Work of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences (Germany);

  • Summer and Winter Schools of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences (Germany);

  • short-term academic mobility programme at the Tashkent State University of Law (Uzbekistan);

  • short-term academic mobility programme at the Armenian State University of Economics (Armenia);

  • short-term academic mobility programme at M. Ryskulbekov Kyrgyz Economic University (Kyrgyzstan).

Every year, graduate students of the University associated with IA EAEC can participate in the competition for scholarships for studying at the master's programme “Modern Chinese Studies” of the Renmin University of China, Silk Road School (Suzhou).

Students can take part in international academic mobility programmes at partner universities of the University associated with IA EAEC in the order of internal competition.

Terms of academic mobility

The competition for academic mobility programmes can be held 2 times a year: in autumn (for exchanges in the spring semester) and in winter-spring (for exchanges in the autumn semester).

Announcements about the start of accepting applications and the timing of the competition are posted on the University website in the “News” section, as well as in the official VKontakte group.

We invite students of all courses to participate, except students whose terms of academic mobility fall under the 8th (graduation) semester of study at the University.

Some academic mobility programmes have restrictions on the admission of students from certain fields of study. More detailed information will be posted on the pages of specific academic mobility programmes.

Selection criteria

  • Academic performance;

  • English language;

  • Motivation for studying abroad;

  • Active life position;

  • The desire to share your impressions and experience with other students of the University associated with IA EAEC.

Stages of participation in the academic mobility programme

1. Studying the conditions of the programme, partner university, country

  • Before you apply for the competition, check the potential costs for visa, insurance, housing, transportation, living in the country.

  • Usually students are exempted from tuition fees at a partner university, scholarships / discounts on accommodation are also often provided.

2. Application

List of documents for participation in the competition:

  • Resume of the established form (with attachment of a portfolio confirming the achievements indicated in the resume);

  • Certificate (IELTS \ TOEFL \ FCE), confirming the level of proficiency in English (or another) language. In the absence of a certificate, you can take an English language test in the International Programmes Department;

  • Motivation letter.

3. Nomination

  • The International Programmes Department of the University associated with IA EAEC informs the participants of the competition about its results. If the number of participants exceeds the quota of the academic mobility programme, the International Programmes Department may conduct an additional interview with students.

  • Nominated students study the list of disciplines available for study at the partner university and coordinate them with the Dean of the Department.

  • Nominated students fill out an application for study at the selected partner university.

  • The International Programmes Department nominates, that is, sends students' data to the partner university.

4. Dates of academic mobility

After receiving all the necessary documents, the partner university sends to the International Programmes Department of the University associated with IA EAEC letters of invitation for students who have been selected for the programme, which indicate the exact terms of study at the host university.

5. Studying documents

  • A student and the University conclude Learning Agreement.

  • A student fills in an explanatory note to the individual curriculum. The explanatory note indicates the agreed disciplines of a foreign university and their comparison with the disciplines of the curriculum of the University associated with IA EAEC. A student at a partner university must have completed at least 30 credits (ECTS).

  • The explanatory note is certified by the Dean of the Department and Vice-Rector for Educational and Methodological Work. As a result, the following documents must be drawn up: an individual curriculum, an explanatory note to it, as well as an individual study schedule.

  • An order to send a student to study at a partner university is issued ONLY if all of the above documents are available.

6. Application for referral to study

  • After completing the studying documents, you must write an “Application for for referral to study”. The application is written in the International Programmes Department.

  • On the basis of all documents, the host university issues an order for enrollment, and the University associated with IA EAEC issues an order for departure.

7. Arrival at the host university

  • Before leaving, carefully study the migration legislation: if you need a visa, apply for it in a timely manner at the consulate or visa center.

  • If a visa is not needed, then when crossing the border, do not forget to mark the reason for entry as “Study”, and also have all the documents with you.

  • Send a scan or a clear photo of the border crossing stamp to the International Programmes Department of the University associated with IA EAEC.

8. Mobility period

The courses stated in the explanatory note may change. In the event of a change in disciplines, it is necessary to notify the International Programmes Department as soon as possible, and also indicate these changes in the explanatory note to the individual curriculum.

9. Return to the University associated with IA EAEC

  • At the end of your study, the international department of the host university will issue you with a “Confirmation of study completion” and a transcript.

  • After returning to Russia, within three working days, you must come to the International Programmes Department of the University associated with IA EAEC and write an application for return, provide a scanned copy of the border crossing stamp, as well as “Confirmation of study completion”.

  • In order to re-exam the disciplines studied at the host university and for grading, you also need to provide the International Programmes Department with a transcript from the host university.


What to write in a resume? How to design it?

On this page you can find resume templates for participation in the academic mobility programme in Russian and English (depending on the programme). You can always correct them: add your own sections or remove unnecessary ones. Design your resume in such a way that reveals all your sides as best as possible: your scientific activity, success in sports or creative fields, your work experience, etc. We are interested in all your hobbies!

What is better to write in a motivation letter?

A motivation letter is a great opportunity for you to freely tell about yourself, your goals and plans. A motivation letter cannot have strict requirements, because everyone has their own motivation. The only and important rule - be sincere, be yourself! In order for your letter to have a structure, divide it into 3 conditional parts:

  • Who am I, what do I study, my background;
  • Why do I want to go to study abroad, why in this country / at this university;
  • The advantages of my trip to the host university for the host university, the University associated with IA EAEC and for me personally.

Are places in the dormitory of the host university always provided?

Places in the dormitory are not provided by all universities. Carefully study the conditions of a specific academic mobility programme. Correctly assess your financial capabilities: talk to your parents, find a part-time job, cooperate with other students.

How can I roughly calculate the amount that I will need for a semester abroad?

Be sure to find out how much a student visa (if necessary), insurance, flight cost. You can find in advance on the Internet the prices for transport, the approximate cost of food per month, rental housing (if necessary).

Will the International Programmes Department help me with my visa application, with finding accommodation and buying tickets?

Students apply for a visa on their own, tickets are also bought on their own. Usually the host institution sends instructions regarding the search for housing or accommodation in a dormitory. If this does not happen, you must write to the coordinator yourself and start looking for a room / apartment.

How to apply for a student visa?

All visas are processed by the consulate or visa center (you need to find a center that deals with issuing visas to the country you need). Accordingly, you can find information about applying for a visa on the website of the consulate or a suitable visa center.